Monday, June 29, 2009

A very quick point form update from Tunisia

Hey kids!

Lynners here. Or as they call me now, Lilou. (Apparently the "nn" part of "Lynn" is annoying to pronounce so I got a new name.)

My sincerest apologies for the mega delayed update and lack of literary flourish, it's been crazy here. It's been two months now I've been in Tunis, Tunisia.

I live with four other interns, all SuperAIESECers(tm), having joined the organization in 2002 or 2003. We are one Belge, one Morrocan, one Italian, and one Anglo-German-who-studies-in-Switzerland.

Random observances:
- Every bus driver seems to have the need to stop everything and wave to other bus drivers they see driving on the street.
- People always go out to take a coffee...and those salon du thé where people go to take those coffees are mostly full of males.
- If you want guys to stop stalking you on the street, either swear at them in Arabic or just keep walking. Walking on the wrong side of the street sometimes works but not always, people can always get out of their cars and cross.
- They speak French with a French accent.
- People are really friendly.
- I'm Japanese.
- The fact of whether or not I am married is ambiguous.
- This city is built for tall people (exhibit one: I have to CLIMB in and out of the bathtub to take my shower).

Anyway, just a quick update for you all. I'll churn out a proper piece when I can.

MUCH Love,
L.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment