Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hello everyone!


I hope you are having a great summer.

I am now in the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, doing my internship at MAKNA(National Cancer Council). It's really hot.. and humid here, but ever since I found that Singapore was amazingly hotter when I went there last weekend, I feel this weather is actually not too bad.. lol

Anyways, I have been doing my internship here for about 3 weeks, and to be honest, there isn't
that much work to do... It's kind of really bad, thinking that I came all the way here and paid for everything to get an experience and learn something new, but they haven't really prepared much stuff for me.. I've talked to the manager and he keeps saying that he will give me work when needed.

I also had a hard time finding a new apartment in my first week in Malaysia. The local AIESEC got me a really bad room - well, the room was fine, but nothing in the washroom worked properly. So I moved out a week later and it's fine now...

Ohh don't get a misconception of Malaysia though - KL is really beautiful, and there are many places to go, eat and enjoy- you all have to come visit here sometime in your life :)

So has anyone started internship? I am sooooooo looking forward to listening to all of your stories!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Da Hee!

    Sounds like you are having an interesting experience... I know what you mean in being frustrated at the beginning for the lack of work. It's finally starting to come together for me, I hope the same occurs for you.

    Tell me though, what are the other interns like and what have you done for fun?

    Cheers, I look forward to seeing you and sharing stories in the Fall,

    Derek

    ReplyDelete